Welcome to my blog. It started life as a general blog then became a photo a day project now it has reverted to my personal blog. For more examples of my work please visit my business site. Dover Design Photography - Kent Wedding Photographers.

Friday, November 04, 2011

Processing for a 50's look

Like most photographers I shoot everything in RAW, we then process the digital negative and export images as JPGs. The question is how far you go with the processing? My approach has always been a light touch - trying to keep the image as real as possible. If you look around the trendy wedding blogs you will notice many examples of highly processed images - in many cases desaturated and given a retro look and feel. I actually quite like some of them but can't really bring myself to process in this way. It seems kind of wrong to me.

I recently did a 50s themed shoot in a transport museum. My intention was to produce black and white film noire style images however on seeing the pictures I needed to keep them in colour but the colours I love seem to detract from the retro-ness of the images if that makes sense? Anyway I have taken a couple of images processed them in my normal way and then gone for the retro look. In both cases my neutral processing is in the middle. What do you think?



You can see more images from the shoot on my wedding photography website.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP