Welcome to my blog. It started life as a general blog then became a photo a day project now it has reverted to my personal blog. For more examples of my work please visit my business site. Dover Design Photography - Kent Wedding Photographers.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Operation bucket and spade

We made it to the beach. It amuses me how the cool French travel so lightly, a small towel each, a miniscule brolly that looks like it should be on a child’s pram, a towel each and maybe a small bag with a drink and a book or newspaper. Not us... In true British spirit we don't just go to the beach we invade. A massive traditional windbreak, not a poncy beach shelter, two big tartan picnic blankets, massive patio umbrella, buckets, spades, cool box, huge beach towels, flask of coffee, a few cold beers, rolls and of course a couple of bags of crisps. Now that's what I call style. The weather wasn't so good on Monday, not raining just a little overcast so we decided to head for Villefranche. This has to be one of my favorite towns - it is a fantastically preserved walled medieval city. Built originally in an attempt to keep the Spanish out it is now a very popular tourist spot. Unfortunately the place had more French tourists than Canterbury on a Saturday afternoon. We also had to queue in the bakers to get our lunch. Tuesday the sun is back out and another day spent around the pool. Whilst trying to keep my eyes open I recognised someone out of the corner of my eye. It was an old friend from school's sister - they arrived here today and had reserved the sun loungers next to us - small world.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP