Welcome to my blog. It started life as a general blog then became a photo a day project now it has reverted to my personal blog. For more examples of my work please visit my business site. Dover Design Photography - Kent Wedding Photographers.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

407

407

It snowed here overnight - by UK standards quite a lot. The US branch of the family have told us that it was only a dusting but it was significant for us. When it snows here I always listen to local radio - the only time I do. I heard that the main road that runs from Dover to London was blocked and had been for a number of hours. Given that I didn't have too much to do I decided to set off on foot to find out what was going on. After a fair walk passing miles of queuing traffic I arrived at the cause of the problem. A lorry had partially gone off the road and got stuck. When I arrived on the scene the recovery teams were just winching it out. I took a few pictures and headed for home. I sent my pictures to a number of news agencies and one of them was used. Not big time but it made the walk worthwhile and I had recorded Jeremy Kyle anyway!

6 comments:

Michelle 9:47 pm  

As I read the post I was wondering it you sent them in to any news organizations. Glad to see they used one!

Mari 11:10 pm  

It's great that one of your shots were used! Hope you have no more snow for a while!

Sarah Vinall 11:18 pm  

...well worth the walk then! Another good record of your year so far!

DaddyNoBucks 11:22 pm  

Congratulations! I see they gave you credit as well. I guess you'll be trolling about after dark as "worst problems are expected tonight." I get the impression that road is used exclusively for trucks (lorry)

Lance C 4:30 am  

PUBLISHED!!!! cool

Unknown 9:55 am  

Well done on getting published, and excellent capture.

Si

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP