Welcome to my blog. It started life as a general blog then became a photo a day project now it has reverted to my personal blog. For more examples of my work please visit my business site. Dover Design Photography - Kent Wedding Photographers.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Sunday 6th May

A trip to Canterbury - new school shoes for Thomas and trousers for Hannah. Thomas and I quickly completed our task - the Slater's staff helpful as ever. Hazel and Hannah not so successful so they will need a trip to Dover on Monday. I was due to play in a Band concert today but due to the ear problem decided it best to give it a miss. We would still need to go as Hannah was due to play in the junior band. We got to Walmer Green earlier than we probably needed to, got seets and sat in the cold sea breeze and listened to the first half of the concert performed by the main band. It seemed strange not to be playing but it was good to have the opportunity to listen. The first thing that I noticed was just how scrapppy a lot of it sounded - I have to say I was quite dissapointed. Certain pieces that sound good in the Bandroom - David of the White Rock for instance, sounded dreadful live. The highlight of the afternoon was without doubt the learner band. They performed really well and I for one was very proud. We didn't stay for the second half due mainly to the weather... Home to watch the BTCC racing from Thruxton followed by a Sunday roast.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP