Welcome to my blog. It started life as a general blog then became a photo a day project now it has reverted to my personal blog. For more examples of my work please visit my business site. Dover Design Photography - Kent Wedding Photographers.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Packing up

Friday 17 August 2007 It’s that time in the holiday we all dread. You know you should be making the most of your last hours in the sun but there are those annoying things to do. We spent the best part of the day around the pool but then had to return the hired bikes. Thomas and I volunteered for this task. On arrival back at the chalet we realized that we had left the key at the pool. Some of the windows were partially open but locked on a latch. About two minutes later with the aid of a couple of sticks the kitchen window was open. We had even managed to gather a small crowd of nosey onlookers. Next we had to get Hannah’s bike into the boot of the car – not a problem except I then managed to lock the car keys in the boot. Fortunately we had a spare key……. After rescuing the key we drove into Canet where we double parked in traditional French style and returned the bike with no further hitches. The fact that we could of bought a bike for what I paid in rental is no problem at all, doesn’t annoy me at all… The kids want me to get a bike rack to bring their own bikes next year, maybe we should go the whole hog and buy a bloody caravan… not likely. We plan to leave at around 10:00 in the morning and drive to Dijon – hopefully this will be an uneventful trip. Just hope we don’t get stuck behind any caravans with bike racks!!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP