Welcome to my blog. It started life as a general blog then became a photo a day project now it has reverted to my personal blog. For more examples of my work please visit my business site. Dover Design Photography - Kent Wedding Photographers.

Friday, April 03, 2009

093/365 Room with a view

093/365 Room with a view
The hills around Dover are littered with the ruins of military buildings and tunnels, many dating back to Napoleonic times or even earlier. This is a brief glimpse of one of of the fortifications that overlook the Western Docks. This was part of a gun emplacement that looked out over the English Channel - it is now in a pretty sorry state and not somewhere I would venture after dark.

3 comments:

M Coleman 10:27 pm  

Your photo certainly captures a grim looking environment - fascinating, but agree that it might be a bit frightening in the dark! Can imagine many a story of the former occupants which definitely makes this photo 'come alive'!

Mari 12:03 am  

It makes a great photo though!

Katy Swift 9:14 pm  

And yet it makes a fantstic photo. It's beautiful. Atmospheric. Decaying. I love it.

That said. I wouldn't go there alone in the dark.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP