Welcome to my blog. It started life as a general blog then became a photo a day project now it has reverted to my personal blog. For more examples of my work please visit my business site. Dover Design Photography - Kent Wedding Photographers.

Friday, April 24, 2009

114/365

114/365

I've seen some pretty amazing 'smoke art' pictures on Flickr and thought I would have a go. I used incense sticks to make the smoke and an off camera flash (camera left) to light the smoke without spilling onto the background. This is something I will definitely try again when I have more time

13 comments:

M Coleman 9:23 pm  

Fantastic! I would love to try this some day - the effect is so very cool!

DaddyNoBucks 12:24 am  

Another Great One!

Michelle 12:25 am  

Super cool shot!

Mari 12:32 am  

This is awesome! I'm so impressed!

Christina 5:35 am  

Uber cool!!! :)

Tim Dustrude 5:37 am  

Very nice!

Eric Dustrude 6:00 am  

Ok, so it's not new - you still did a nice job with it. Amazing pattern.

How'd you focus and what lens did you use?

Unknown 6:23 am  

Thanks for your comments.

Eric - I used my Sigma 18-50 and just manually focussed on the smoke. It would probably have been easier with a tripod... next time maybe.

Katy Swift 7:33 am  

That's fantastic! I'll have to give this a go sometime.

susanvg 1:17 pm  

Wonderful - I love to see what the serious photographers do with lighting. I'm a point and shoot photographer.

Anonymous 2:16 pm  

Stunning!

Avery Smith 3:10 am  

woza

Laura 10:48 pm  

This is so cool. Nice Job! Inspires me to try as well...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP