Welcome to my blog. It started life as a general blog then became a photo a day project now it has reverted to my personal blog. For more examples of my work please visit my business site. Dover Design Photography - Kent Wedding Photographers.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

066/365 Fowlmead

066/365 Fowlmead Country Park, opened in 2007 is a new nature reserve and leisure park that has been regenerated from the former Betteshanger Colliery spoil tip. The area has been landscaped with extensive planting of native plants and trees although it will be some years before they reach maturity. Whilst this appears a great project for the environment it is a real shame that the mining heritage has been forgotten. Everyone in the area refers to the area as Betteshanger so it beats me why the bureaucrats had to invent the Fowlmead name. When the park was opened I played at the opening event with the Betteshanger Brass Band.

5 comments:

SaraG 11:55 pm  

Beautiful photo. Love how the sun is shimmering off the water!
Take care

Girl Tornado 12:46 am  

This is beautiful, seems like it would be a very contemplative site to be...

Mari 1:56 am  

Beautiful shot. I love the lighting and the reeds in front of the water.

Runner Girl 11:33 am  

Interesting, your vantage point. I want to follow the curve and see where it leads. Lovely!

Kim 2:21 am  

I love the muted colors in this shot!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP